Saturday, February 19, 2005

Reasons To Archive Those Articles

by James D. Brausch

When you send out your newsletter, you need to archive the article on your site. Each article should be on it's own page with an index to the articles on another page. A link to your index of archived articles needs to be on your navigation bar. You can see an example on this site:

http://www.AtHomeBusinessPortal.com/newsletters

Here are some of the reasons you need to do this:

It adds content to your site. The search engines love content. They will send visitors directly to your article pages. Your navigation bar will give those visitors a chance to visit the parts of your site that make you money.
It gives people a reason to bookmark you site and return often.

It gives people an idea of what they will receive if they sign up for your newsletter. A higher percentage of people will sign up if you have an article archive.

At the end of each article, you should have a courtesy notice like the one you see at the end of the articles on the above site. Some people will reuse these articles and include a link to both the author's site... AND your site.

You should also solicit articles from other authors. More authors will submit articles if they know you will be archiving them on your site.

There is a chance that some search engines will eventually ban any site that is low on content. An article archive makes your site a content site is everyone's eyes. It's insurance against such an event.

The author, James D. Brausch, is the coach and webmaster of QuitThatJob.com, a site dedicated to providing step-by- step instructions to start your own profitable Internet business and Quit That Job! For more info, please visit : http://www.QuitThatJob.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a great post. I am very familiar with James Brausch, as I frequent his site http://www.jamesbrausch.com/. This guy really knows his stuff. In addition, he has some great programs out there that make your life easier, including my favorite artemis pro, which helps me post my articles to numerous sites without fail.

Susan said...

Sally,

I totally agree with you! Mr. Brausch's Web site is a treasure trove of information. His home study course Freedom Business system (www.freedombusinesssystem.com)has literally saved my life! I have been able to cut the time I devote to my home business by more than half!

Shirley Burling said...

Hi,

I've had a lot of experience dealing with your products in the past. My personal favorite is Artemis Pro!

Keep up the good work

Meghna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meghna said...

When I left my cushy job to pursue my studies, I started looking for ways to earn money online in order to have some sort of regular income. One name that kept cropping up was of James Brausch, and after reading his posts, I was hooked.

Now, I have to say that I earn enough to be able to manage all my expenses comfortably without compromising on my studies at all.

My opinion: James Brausch is a genius.

Unknown said...

James Brausch is awesome isn't he. His Freedom Business System has totally changed my life!

It's great take some action NOW!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys[/url] [url=http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/]wholesale nfl jerseys[/url] http://wholesalenfljerseysv.webs.com/ I really like this purse, case the main one I want!

Couldn't believe how fast a person delivered this! Excellent item. Thanks!!!

I was very pleased along with my purchase and everything arrived directly on period, many thanks!

Extremely vendor with quality, great support as well as conversation. Extremely fast delivery, exactly as explained as well as pictured, excellent product, very happy!